My univeristy is currently in the last stages of relying on exchange 2003, only supporting Microsoft software. So after suffering painfully trying to get evolution working, i gave up went and got a java based application to get my email via Thunderbird.
Setup instructions
Download latest deb package of Davmail here and install
Download Thunderbird
sudo apt-get install Thunderbird
The settings for Davmail and Thunderbird are best described here. Using the other tutorials on this site it is also possible to setup contacts and your calender.
The owa for Sydney uni is https://www.owa.usyd.edu.au/exchange/.
It is also important to set the proxy settings in the proxy tab, if on campus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Jason, I've just come across this post because I'm trying to get Davmail to work between Thunderbird and USyd's Exchange server, which did work for a few days last week and then suddenly stopped around 22 June, with an EWS Endpoint not available message. The Davmail person, Mikael, hasn't been able to solve the problem. The settings you've got here also don't work now, so if you've been able to keep it working, I'd be very grateful for any assistance! Thanks, Robert
ReplyDelete